Telephone: 0207 089 5050
Telephone: Call the Parents Helpline: 0808 802 5544 (Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 4 pm, free for mobiles and landlines)
If you are a child or young person and need help urgently, then please call Childline on 0800 1111
Address: YoungMinds, Suite 11, Baden Place, Crosby Row London SE1 1YW
…young person looking for help and support
Text the YoungMinds Crisis Messenger, for free 24/7 support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- If you need urgent help text YM to 85258
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
We’re the UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people’s mental health. We’re here to make sure they get the best possible mental health support and have the resilience to overcome life’s difficulties.
The crisis in children and young people’s mental health is real and it is urgent. More children and young people than ever before are reaching out for help with their mental health. But for those who take that brave step, help is much too hard to find.
To keep ourselves focused and on track, we’ve set out 4 key strategic aims:
- Foster innovation to meet the needs of vulnerable and excluded children and young people.
- Promote good mental health to more children and young people than ever before.
- Champion the voices of young people and parents to influence mental health policy and practice.
- Inspire excellence to achieve transformed, integrated services.
Some of the issues covered are:
- mental illness in the family
- sexual abuse
- eating problems and disorders
- entering adulthood
Find us on Face Book @youngmindsuk and Twitter @youngmindsuk
Registered charity numbers 1016968 & SC039700