1st June 2021
4th June 2021
0900 or 1300
1200 or 1600
Event title: Whitsun holiday fun for All-In kids (from the Family Information Service)
Venue: See content for details
Name: Action for Children
Telephone: 01743 285765
Event description: Action for Children – Whitsun holiday club for All In members. Sessions available from Tuesday 1st June to Friday 4th June, for 3 hours at a time. Each 3 hour slot costs £10 per person. Times will vary. Only one session per child can be offered.
Book a place http://orlo.uk/dXwCO
To access any of the All In Short Breaks opportunities, you must be registered as an All In member. You can do this here: https://actioconsortium.wixsite.com/website/membership All In Short Breaks are open to children and young people with SEND aged 0-18 who find it hard to access activities available locally.
Please follow this link to book a place on the AFC Whitsun 2021 holiday support and find out more about how this will run. This link closes on Wednesday 12th May at 10.30am.
Current guidance and restrictions which AFC are having to consider in their plans and decisions are factors such as:
- Social distancing (currently 2m*)
- Access to public toilets (currently there is limited access to public toilets*)
- These restrictions are subject to constant review
The health and welfare of the children and young people and AFC staff is their highest priority and there will be procedures in place for them to limit the risks as much as possible which are as follows:
- Parents/carers will need to complete and return a declaration prior to attending any session. Parents/carers will be requested to notify Shropshire Community Short Breaks as soon as possible if they, or their child/ren, or anyone in their household develops Covid-19 symptoms or are tested positive and must not attend any sessions.
- All AFC staff/agency workers will always have to wear a facial mask to support C&YP. If there is any risk of spreading the virus via oral secretions or first aid is needed to be applied, then staff will have to wear a full facial plastic visor in addition to the facial mask, gloves and apron.
- Personal care will be undertaken but staff will be required to wear full PPE. Any young person who requires hoisting for personal care will be taken to a changing place to support
- Children and young people will be allocated a worker(s) who will remain with them during the whole session.
- Social distancing measures will be put into place where necessary.
- Physical intervention is always a last resort but if your child/ren is known to require physical intervention then a full risk assessment will need to be completed on how we can support your child.
- Sessions will take place in venues and out in the community. Places to visit will be limited and access to public areas, public toilets and play parks may be restricted and not always available.
- Any child who displays Covid-19 related signs and symptoms (see governments health https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance ) during their session will need to be collected immediately and not able to return.
If a child or AFC staff/agency worker supporting your child displays Covid-19 signs and symptoms (as referred to above) during a session, then everyone attending the session will need to self-isolate according to government guidance.
Please contact 01743 285765 or Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org should you need any further information.