Telephone: 01432 356146 (General Enquiries)
Helpline: 0800 783 1359 (24 hours) Herefordshire, Shropshire Telford and Wrekin
Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 980 3331
Address: West Mercia Women’s Aid, Head Office, PO Box 74, Hereford HR4 9WB
West Mercia Women’s Aid are a specialist organisation working primarily with women and children affected by domestic abuse. They also support male victims whose needs are regarded as ‘high risk’.
They operate across Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin, providing:
- safe and secure emergency accommodation in refuge and safe houses,
- Helpline support for those seeking immediate telephone advice and support,
- community-based support for those living with friends or relatives, or who are in their own homes and surviving abuse,
- group programmes and peer support networks, and
- specific safety planning and support through the legal process for those whose circumstances are ‘high risk’.
West Mercia Women’s Aid now employs 44 staff and 12 volunteers, running a 24-hour helpline, 3 refuges and a well-developed and expanding outreach service in each county, which includes the provision of community support to families in all three counties, group programmes and links to education and employment opportunities, as well as Independent Domestic Violence Advisor services in all three counties.
WMWA is an active member of the County Domestic Violence Forums, Safeguarding Children Boards and other relevant multi-agency groups, working to increase the safety of victims and survivors and reduce societal tolerance of domestic violence.
WMWA is a full member of the Women’s Aid Federation of England.
Find us on Face Book @WestMerciaWomensaid and Twitter @WMWomensAid
Registered Charity Number 1078496