Telephone: 01743 257746
Address: VTTS, Shropshire Council, Helena Lane. 20 Hamlet Road Ludlow SY8 2NP
What Services do we provide?
- Advice and support on all aspects of visual impairment
- Assessments to help visually impaired people regain their independence through the use of the right technology for them
- Demonstrations of specialist equipment and software in our purpose-designed technology suite. This includes computers with access software (magnification / screen readers), voice activation software, computers with easy-to-use menus, large keyboards and portable electronic magnifiers
- Training is individually designed to help people with visual impairments to regain their independence.
- Opportunities to use technology to communicate through email and the internet, or just to learn how to switch on a computer and use it as a tool to help read print, write letters or even pay bills and do shopping online
- Information on services and charities, both local and national, and the service they offer to support people with sight loss
- Transcription service into accessible formats – large print, Braille, audio CDs and digital formats. This is a confidential service for the council and other organisations
Anyone can contact us if they feel that they or someone they know would benefit from an assessment for ICT training, specialist equipment or to enquire about our services.
VTTS is a leading partner of See and Hear Shropshire which hosts an annual exhibition showcasing equipment for people with sight and / or hearing loss in Shrewsbury. The next See and Hear Shropshire event is on 15 May 2019. Click here to visit the See and Hear webpage https://shropshire.gov.uk/
Find us on Face Book @VTTShropshire and Twitter @VTTShrop