9th June 2016
29th July 2016
Shropshire’s Health & Well-being Board are would like to hear the views of carers & anyone associated with unpaid care (family carers), to ensure that the services & the support they get will continue to meet their needs
Over several years many conversations have taken place. On 9th June Shropshire Health & Well-being Board launched a consultation asking Carers their views on the key priorities which carers said they want & need both locally & nationally. These are the 6 proposed priorities:
- Carers are listened to, valued & respected.
- Carers receive timely access to up to date information & advice which promote choice & good decision making.
- Carers receive support to enable them to have time for themselves.
- Carers are supported to remain emotionally, mentally & physically well.
- Carers are supported in planning for the future.
- Carers are able to fulfil their educational, training or employment potential.
A carer is someone who provides support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be a parent caring for their child, caring for a relative, partner or friend who is frail, ill, has a disability or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
For more details click here: https://new.shropshire.gov.uk/get-involved/draft-carers-strategy-for-shropshire/
To take part in this consultation (which closes 29th July) click on this link: https://new.shropshire.gov.uk/get-involved/draft-carers-strategy-for-shropshire/
If you would prefer a paper version of the survey, please email email@example.com or telephone Salyy Wagg in 01743 253972 for a copy.