Supportline: 0808 16 89 111 (Calls are FREE)
Email: email us now (to email click this link)
Telephone: 020 7268 0200
Address: (Head Office) Victim Support, 1 Bridge Street, Derby DE1 3HZ
Victim Support Line: 0808 16 89 111 (Free to call from Landlines & Mobiles)
Victim Support Shropshire Telephone: 01743 362812
Address: Victim Support, Observer House, Suite 1, Abbey Lawns, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6BL
If you’ve been affected by crime and need support, please call:
- your local victim care team in West Mercia on: 01905 726 896. Lines open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, and on Saturdays, 9 am-5 pm.
- the National Victim Support Line on: 0808 16 89 111. Lines open Monday to Friday, 8pm to 8am, and 24 hours at weekends.
Victim Support is the independent national charity which helps people cope with crime. If you’ve been a victim of crime and would like our help there are several ways to get in touch:
- Contact your nearest office. You can get the main contact number for your area on your local page.
- Contact the Supportline. They’ll give you information and support over the phone and can direct you to your nearest office. Call on 08 08 16 89 111 or email now.
Notes re West Mercia Area: We give emotional and practical help to people who have been affected by crime in West Mercia, covering the areas of Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. We’re an independent charity and you can contact us for support regardless of whether you’ve contacted the police, and no matter how long ago the crime took place. We’ll help you for as long as it takes to overcome the impact of crime.
If you call your local Victim Support team, we’ll make sure you get the information and support you need. This might be arranging a meeting for you to talk to us and receive emotional support in confidence, helping you to fill out a compensation form or get advice on how to make your home more secure, or referring you to other specialist organisations that can also help.
Other Information: Please note: the best way to request information or support through the website is via this page https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help . If you prefer, you can still email us, but bear in mind that sending personal information about yourself or your situation over a standard email is not secure.
Remember You don’t have to report a crime to the police to get our help. –
All our volunteers that work in our centres offer FREE/CONFIDENTIAL support & information.
Our trained volunteers offer:
- someone to talk to in confidence
- information on police and court procedures
- help in dealing with other organisations
- information about compensation and insurance
- links to other sources of help.
Our services are free and available to everyone, whether or not the crime has been reported and regardless of when it happened. We are an independent charity – not part of the police, courts or any other criminal justice agency.
Victim Care Unit: 0300 303 1977
Registered charity number: 298028