Event title: “Using Sport as a Vehicle for Change”
Venue: Whitehouse Hotel, Watling Street, Telford, TF1 2NJ
Name: Helen Freedman
Telephone: 01743 453497
Event description: Energize are holding this half-day Conference called ‘Using Sport as a Vehicle for Change, starting in the morning and finishing with lunch.
- Are you already coaching young people and want to learn more about using sport to work on their all-round development?
- Do you want to learn about funding and support available from Energize and external sources to develop or up-scale a project?
- Do you have contact with vulnerable young people and want to learn about existing work happening in the County?
The Conference will feature a speaker from sport for development charity sported. who will share national insight from organisations that are already using sport as a vehicle to engage disadvantaged young people, what are the benefits of doing so and how you can connect with young people in your community.
Delegates will need to choose their seminar preferences from the choices below prior to the Conference.
- Local offers and funding opportunities – Energize
- Demonstrating an evidence base – sported.
- Introduction to Doorsteps sports – Streetgames
- Understanding and engaging young people – Streetgames
- Benefits of an inclusive sports programme – EFDS
- Future collaborative projects – Energize
Cost is £20 per person which includes all seminars, refreshments & lunch.Make conTact with Energize & Book your place now