Event title: Understanding Dementia Workshop
Venue: The Glebe Centre, Glebe St, Wellington, Telford, Telford and Wrekin TF1 1JP, UK
Name: Led by Admiral Nurses
Telephone: 01743 341995
Event description: Learning Together workshops offer family carers the opportunity to get practical, realistic and relevant advice and information on topics relating to being a Carer. These informal and relaxed sessions are run by professional, friendly and experienced facilitators.
Caring can be a complex mix of responsibilities and may involve:
- Having to manage specific health conditions
- Coping with the emotional impact of changes in the person you care for
- Taking responsibility for a loved one’s financial and business affairs and making decisions about their care and well being
- Lack of time to yourself and constant worry which makes you stressed
Workshops are FREE to family carers and help is available with arranging and paying for respite and with the cost of travel and parking.
Booking is essential so you must call 01743 341995 or email email@example.com to book your place.
Understanding Dementia- A carers survival guide includes:
- Safe moving and handing; assisting with mobility
- Equipment & technology to help you care
- Understanding the symptoms of dementia
- Coping with behaviour change