Event title: Understanding Dementia– a carers survival guide
Venue: Meeting Point House, Southwater, Telford TF3 4HS
Name: Led by Admiral Nurses
Telephone: 01743 341995
Event description: : Learning Together workshops offer family carers the opportunity to get practical, realistic and relevant advice and information on topics relating to being a Carer. These informal and relaxed sessions are run by professional, friendly and experienced facilitators.
You are the Experts:
Family carers bring a lot of skill and knowledge gained through experience. Learning Together workshops encourage you to share your expertise with other carers and build on your what you already know.
Led by the Admiral Nurses-What the day covers:
- Nutrition and diet: tips on how to cope with poor appetite or manage over eating.
- Staying hydrated: encouraging fluid intake & knowing how to spot the signs of dehydration.
- Managing daily routines and keeping a note of important changes.
- Safe moving & handling techniques.
- Coping with unusual behaviour and ways of avoiding aggravation.
- Using simple relaxation techniques for you and your loved one.
This workshop is being held on the following dates this year:
Tuesday 16th June, Tuesday 15th September & Tuesday 17th November.
Booking: Places for all workshops need to be booked in advance.You are welcome to come to all of the sessions or select just the ones that most suit you.
Practical arrangements: We can help with arranging and/or paying for respite if needed, to enable you to attend. There are regular breaks during the day and we provide biscuits, fruit, tea and coffee. If you are attending a full day please feel free to bring a packed lunch or you will be able to purchase food locally.
If you need a loop system or any other arrangements to be able to participate please let us know.
Workshops are FREE to family carers. Transport costs can be reimbursed
To find out more and book a place:please ring 01743 341995 (Carers Support Service, Shropshire RCC)