Event title: Understanding Dementia -a Carers Survival Guide
Venue: Meeting Point House, Southwater, Telford TF3 4HS
Name: Carers Support Servce, Shropshire Rural Community Council
Telephone: 01743 341995
Event description: This workshop which is part of a programme of events provided by Shropshire Rural Community Council in partnership with Admiral Nurses.
It is also funded by Telford & Wrekin Council.
Refreshments & a light lunch will be provided.
Sessions are relaxed & informal and provides a chance to meet & share with other carers while learning together.
The day will be led by the Admiral Nurses & covers:
- Nutrition and diet: tips on how to cope with poor appetite or manage over eating.
- Staying hydrated: encouraging fluid intake & knowing how to spot the signs of dehydration.
- Managing daily routines and keeping a note of important changes.
- Safe moving & handling techniques.
- Coping with unusual behaviour and ways of avoiding aggravation.
- Using simple relaxation techniques for you and your loved one.
- Services to support you.
Future dates for workshops are:
Tuesday June 16th, Tuesday September 15th, and Tuesday November 17th
Sessions are FREE for family carers. Transport costs can be reimbursed. We can help with transport & pay for respite care if needed.
Please book your place by calling 01743 237888