Event title: Understanding Dementia
Venue: Meeting Point House, Southwater, Telford TF3 4HS
Name: Shropshire RCC with sponsorship from Telford & Wrekin CCG
Telephone: 01743 360641
Event description: This an event that is being provided by Carers Support Service via the “Learning Together” programme. Carers bring a great deal of skill and experience and these sessions enable you to share with each other practical tips on how you have learned to manage and give each other support and encouragement.
Sessions are FREE to attend and there is help available to meet the cost of respite care as well as your travel and parking costs if needed. Attendance by other family members who share the care is welcome.
Please book your place to avoid disappointment. Call Shropshire Rural Community Council on 01743 360641
This course will cover: A carers survival guide:
- Eating well and staying hydrated
- Safe moving and handing; assisting with mobility and preventing falls.
- Equipment & technology to help you care.
- Understanding the symptoms of dementia.
- Coping with behaviour change.