16th November 2019
31st December 2019
The objective of all Telford and Wrekin travel assistance polices is to enable people to have more choice and control by accessing general travel services where possible.
The Council’s ambition for vulnerable adults, children and young people lie at the heart of their priorities, ‘the right support at the right time to support independence’. The Council’s current transport service is a traditional model that encourages dependency.
The Council has reviewed its travel assistance policies, with a focus on:
- explaining the statutory duties and what parents, carers and adults can expect from the service, and signposting for those not eligible for these services so that we offer “Something for everyone”
- encouraging independence, for example by expanding travel training
- solving problems and promoting social responsibility by offering a range of travel assistance options
- clearly explaining how decisions are made around eligibility for travel assistance
- being clear about the appeals process and for services the Council may charge for
- offering any available spare seats on school buses to those who are not eligible but who may benefit from them for a contribution.
The first phase of the two-stage consultation finished on Friday 15 November 2019.
This phase included travel assistance that affected Home to School Travel up to the age of 16 including travel assistance to attend specialist nursery provision.
To be kept informed sign up to our E-mail Newsletter.
We are seeking your views on policies including opportunities to deliver services in a different way. .
It is important to be clear that these proposals refer to travel assistance provided by the Council and not those provided by third parties such as schools or colleges.
Here are the proposed policies:
- post 16 education travel assistance
- adult social care travel assistance
- travel assistance
- spare seat offer.
View more information on the proposed changes.
You can tell us your views by clicking on this link and completing our questionnaire online or click here: https://telford.researchfeedback.net/wh/s.asp?k=157830956446
If you would like the questionnaire in an alternative format or have questions about the consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01952 384620.
This consultation closes on Monday 3rd February 2020