Telephone: 01302 751416
Address: Kale Lodge, Woodfield Park, Tickhill Road, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 8QN
The Sleep Charity, incorporating The Sleep Council (is our voluntary advisory board) provide advice and support to empower the nation to sleep better. We campaign to improve sleep support and access to high quality information, raise awareness of the value of a good night’s sleep and promote understanding around the complexities of sleep. We want everyone to share our vision that sleep is a vital component of health and wellbeing and that everyone living with sleep issues should have access to effective, consistent, evidence-based support.
Sleep is essential for our health and wellbeing yet it is estimated that 40% of the population suffer with sleep issues and many do not get the support that they need.
We have a wide range of courses on offer for both families and professionals. We have trained NHS staff from leading hopsitals including Evelina Hospital, Great Ormond Street and Sheffield Children’s Hospital. We provide a range of “Sleep Workshops” for parent/carers, professionals and young people.
We aim to:
- Provide access to high quality information and advice to deal with most sleep issues
- To ensure everyone understands the value of a good night’s sleep
- To campaign for improvements to the support available
- Make a positive difference to the lives of those we work with by campaigning for improvement to the support available
- Provide accredited training for professionals so they can offer sleep support to the people they work with
NB: “The Sleep Council’ is our voluntary advisory board. The Advisory Board helps to shape the future of sleep support nationally and plays a vital role around providing advice, challenge and scrutiny on key issues and programmes.
The professionals’ expertise spans across sleep, sport science, nutrition, menopause, mental health, sleep research, primary care, public health, sensory processing, CBTi and medical sleep disorders.
Find us on FaceBook @TheSleepCharity and Twitter @TheSleepCharity
Charity Number 1150585