Event title: The Salopian Rainbows in Shrewsbury host events as part of as part of the 2nd National LGBTHistory Festival
Venue: Various -see content for details
Name: The Salopian Rainbows
Telephone: 01743 249888
Event description: Shrewsbury is the hub for the Midlands region and has been selected as one of 6 areas working with Schools Out to host the 2016 festival. Our celebration is called ‘ Back in Time’ and will be taking place over Valentine’s weekend so it is easy to remember! Over the whole weekend, Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery will be hosting an exhibition on LGBT History as part of the Festival.
- 12th February 2016 – Friday night is launch night.
- 13th February 2016 – Saturday morning, schools-more details here shrewsburylgbthistory.org.uk/the-programme/
- 13th February 2016 – Saturday afternoon, will have several presentations.
- 13th February 2016 – Saturday evening – All the Nice Girls – theatrical tribute to music hall entertainers Gwen Farrar and Norah Blaney at The Hive – festival fringe event
- 14th February 2016 – Sunday morning film at the Old Market Hall Cinema – festival fringe event Reel in the Closet – old home movies from the closets of LGBT Americans, a gem of joy from Stu Maddox who brought us Gen Silent (which is the film which inspired the setting up of Shropshire’s SAND initiative).
- 14th February 2016 – Sunday afternoon film at The Hive – festival fringe event.The Times of Harvey Milk – documentary about the successful career and assassination of San Francisco’s first elected gay councillor.
Keep looking, we will bring you more information as plans progress.