Contact Form: http://twseniors.org.uk/get-in-touch/
Telephone: 07932 828333/07552 975676
Contact Address: Telford and Wrekin Senior Citizens’ Forum, Box 7, Unit D Stafford Park 9, Telford, TF3 3AF
We are a group of Telford & Wrekin’s older citizens who meet together on a regular basis to discuss issues that are of current concern to older people in the borough and decide on appropriate follow up action.
- To ensure the needs and concerns of older people are heard and accounted for in the planning of services and facilities.
- To provide information to local people about services, support, advice, activities, volunteering, current issues and consultation opportunities.
- To promote well-being and self-care, encouraging people to work with professionals to manage health and long-term conditions.
- To encourage older people to participate in regular activities increasing social interaction, well-being and confidence.
- To help dispel age limiting beliefs.
- To provide opportunities for people to learn and gain confidence in the use of technology.
- To offer opportunities for volunteering and promote opportunities within other organisations.
We intend to inform government departments, the local council, the Primary Care Trust, social services and other service providers in the Telford area of the needs of older people in the area. We will also provide feedback to those organisations from our members who have experience of the service they provided.
Information is also given on a wide range of activities for older people from Aerobics to Yoga. Information of subjects such as disability, extra care, care and nursing homes, finance and care at home is also given on the website, as well as Dementia Report Outcomes, Computer Training and Creative Dance.
Find us on Face Book @TelfordSCForum and Twitter @TelfordSCForum
Registered Charity 1153586