Contact: Adult Social Care,
Telephone: 0345 678 9005
Address: Shropshire Council, Community Services, Ptarmigan, Sitka Drive, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6LG
Shropshire Council is committed to supporting family carers and the people they care for. they have a contract with Carers trust 4All to operate the carers service for Shropshire.
- Carer’s Assessment-for information click here: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/shropshire-choices/caring-for-someone-else/carers-assessment/
- NHS Carer’s Assessment Information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/support-and-benefits-for-carers/carer-assessments/
- Care and Support Eligibility Criteria Regulations 2014 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2014/9780111124185
- Fact Sheet 5 Support for Carer’s: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/shropshire-choices/factsheets/factsheet-5-support-for-carers/
- Fact Sheet 6 -Care Act Assessment: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/shropshire-choices/factsheets/factsheet-6-care-act-assessment/
“Young carers” are young people, ie children or young people 18 and under, whose life is in some way restricted or limited because of the need to take responsibility for the care of a person who is ill, has a disability, is experiencing mental distress or is effected by substance abuse. Young carers’ responsibilities may include organising life, help with medication, domestic chores, organising household, shopping, personal care, lifting, helping young members of the family, emotional support for the rest of the family and much more.
Shropshire Council commissions the charity Carers Trust 4All to support young carers in Shropshire. Carers Trust 4All already provides support for adult carers, which enables the potential for smooth transition between young carers and support for young adults who are carers.
Useful Link: Carers Trust 4All https://www.carerstrust4all.org.uk/ Telephone Helpline: 01743 341995 (Shropshire Carers Service)
Click here for Support For Carer’s Fact Sheet: fact-sheet-5-support-for-carers-june17