21st March 2014
23rd March 2014
Event title: Sports Relief including events in Shropshire (inc Telford)
Venue: Various places in the UK
Name: Shropshire Disability Network is asking you to let us have your events
Event description: Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, have fun and raise life-changing cash.
This year Sports Relief are holding the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games, featuring the Mile, plus new Swimathon and Cycle events. It’s never been easier to join in, do your bit and make a difference.
Ellie Simmonds -Paralympian and Jennifer Ellis-Olympian are both promoting events throughout the uk.
We know of the following, may be you are taking part, if so please tell us-
1. The Shrewsbury Sports Village Mile Shrewsbury, SY1 4RQ
2. The Swimathon at Quarry Swimming and Fitness Centre Shrewsbury, SY1 1RU
3. The Swimathon at Wellington Civic & Leisure Centre Telford, TF1 1LX
4. The Much Wenlock Mile Much Wenlock, TF13 6NB
5. The Lower Lacon Wem Mile Wem, SY4 5RP
6. The Swimathon at Abraham Darby Sports and Leisure Centre Telford, TF7 5HX
7. The Telford Oakengates Mile Telford, TF2 7AB
8. The Oswestry Mile Oswesty , SY11 4AS
9. The Swimathon at Newport Swimming Pool Telford, TF10 7LH
10. The Swimathon at Chirk Leisure & Activity Centre Wrexham, LL14 5NF
11. The Teme Ludlow Mile Ludlow, SY8 1DR
12. The Swimathon at Teme Leisure Ludlow Ludlow, SY8 1DR
13. The Highley Mile Bridgnorth, WV16 6JG
14. The Swimathon at Whitchurch Swimming Centre Whitchurch, SY13 1BA
Monies raised will be used to improve the lives of vulnerable young people in the UK, and enabling some of the world’s poorest people to gain access to vital services such as health and education.and have a say in decisions that affect their lives, whoever and wherever they are.
Safer Lives by Reducing violence, abuse and exploitation.
Stronger Communities by empowering people, organisations and networks to play an effective role in their communities and society, as well as nurturing talent and leadership.
Tackling financial poverty, and enabling economic resilience in families and communities, as well as supporting enterprise and employment.
Improving the lives of vulnerable young people in the UK, and enabling some of the world’s poorest people to gain access.
This is just a taster of how your support helps, you can find out more on the Sports Relief Website.
Please contact us if you are taking part in the above or of any other event as we want to share with others. May be you have an exciting, inspiring story of a past event, if so tell us so that we can share. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org