Event title: Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running Workshop
Venue: University Centre, Guildhall, Frankwell Quay, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8HQ
Name: England Athletics Sight Loss
Event description: The England Athletics Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running Workshop has been developed in conjunction with British Blind Sport. The workshop provides runners, leaders, coaches and volunteers with information and experience about supporting visually impaired people to run. The workshop covers a number of areas including;
- types of visual impairment (VI),
- top tips and safety for guide running and
- how to make running sessions VI friendly.
The two-hour workshop also includes a practical element where attendees get the chance to experience guiding and being guided by each other.
The Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running workshop enables Leaders, Coaches and Volunteers to attract and support more visually impaired (VI) people to athletics and running. It includes information on:
- Types of visual impairment and common eye conditions
- Appropriate behaviour and terminology
- Making sessions VI friendly
- Guide running top tips and safety
- Guide running practical sessions
- Further support and resources
Eligibility: Must be 18 years or over.
Price: £20 for England Athletics affiliated club members or £30
For further information: https://www.englandathletics.org/coaching/development/sight-loss-awareness/
To book a place https://www.ulearnathletics.com/qualification/qualificationCourse?qualificationId=299&qualificationCourseId=89513