29th July 2019
24th August 2019
Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) is developing a local plan and needs your help.
The NHS Long Term Plan and developing our local long-term plan for Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin’s Sustainability and Transformation Partnership.
STPs are a national initiative, and England is divided into 44 areas known as “footprints”. The Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) has brought together health and social care partners across the local area to collaborate on challenges faced by the NHS and social care in order to deliver the NHS long term plan locally.
The role of Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin’s STP is to:
- Encourage health and care organisations to work more closely together to improve outcomes and care for local people
- Reduce pressures on services
- Make best uses of financial resources
The NHS faces a growing demand for its services, with growing pressure nationally from an ageing population, more people living with long-term conditions and lifestyle choices affecting people’s health. Change is needed to make sure everyone gets the support they need so in January 2019 NHS England published its Long-Term Plan and every STP has been asked to produce a local plan for their area.
The Long-Term Plan is all about:
- Making sure everyone gets the best start in life
- Delivering world-class care for major health problems
- Supporting people to age well
- Ensuring NHS staff get the support they need
- Digitally enabled care
- Effective use of resources
- Improving how the NHS works so that people can get help more easily and closer to home (e.g. being able to speak to your GP on your computer or smart phone)
- Helping more people to stay well (e.g. helping people to stay a healthy weight or stop smoking)
- Making care better – the NHS wants to get even better at looking after people with cancer, mental health, dementia, lung and heart disease and learning disabilities such as autism
- Investing more money in technology so that everyone is able to access services using their phone or computer, and so that health professionals can make better, faster decisions
Click here to read the summary of the Long Term Plan.
Click here to take the survey and be involved.