Contact: Debbie Gibbons (Parent Partnership Service Manager)
Tel: 01952 457176
Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin parent Partnership Services is part of a network of National Parent Partnership Services (PPS). These are statutory services offering information advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN).
• offer information and guidance.
• help with paperwork .
• help you put your views to the right people.
• help you to prepare for an education meeting or appeal, and support you if available.
• contact other organisations, with your permission, to get more information.
PPS are also able to put parents in touch with other local and national organisations. All Parent Partnership Services, wherever they are based, are at ‘arm’s length’ from the LA and the services they provide are confidential and impartial.
- Accurate, impartial information and personal support to parents and carers of children with special educational needs
- A positive working relationship between parents, schools, Local Education Authorities (LEAs) and other professionals
- Development of support groups for parents and families
- Parent/carer support worker
- Parent participation worker