Telephone: 0345 678 9044 Our telephone lines are open between Monday to Thursday, 8.45 am to 5 pm, and on Friday from 8.45 am to 4 pm.
Address: Adult Social Care, Shropshire Council, Community Services, Ptarmigan, Sitka Drive, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6LG
If you want to contact someone within Shropshire Council about issues relating to Older People or Physical Disabilities, your first action should be to call the First Point of Contact at the council on 0345 678 9044 Our telephone lines are open between Monday to Thursday, 8.45 am to 5 pm, and on Friday from 8.45 am to 4 pm.
For emergency calls, customers can still call our out of hours service on 0345 678 9040.
Alternatively you can visit the Shropshire Council website and further down this page there is a list of Local Social Service Offices.If you live in Shropshire and have a physical disability there are a range of services that Shropshire Council can offer or arrange for you. This includes a disability team where you live . A member of staff will assess your needs and advise you of services that are available to you. Alternatively the council can put you in direct contact with services provided by other organisations.
Use the links below to access the wide variety of services offered to disabled people by Shropshire Council:
Information on all the health and social care services offered by Shropshire Council click the link below: http://shropshire.gov.uk/openview&restricttocategory=Health%2520and%2520social%2520care
Local Shropshire Social Services Offices:
- North East Shropshire Assessment & Eligibility Team for Older People and Physical Disabilities Long Term Care 01630 695222
- South West (Craven Arms) 08456 789011 called Short/Long Term Team for Assessment and Eligibility Team South
- Telford & Wrekin 01952 381220 Older People & Physical Disabilities
- Disability Services: https://shropshire.gov.uk/
adult-social-care/where-can-i- get-help/first-point-of- contact/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0345 678 9005, Address: Shropshire Council, Community Services, Ptarmigan, Sitka Drive, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6LG
Other support includes:
- Housing: https://shropshire.gov.uk/disability-information/home-adaptations/
- Shropshire Community Directory: http://search3.openobjects.com/kb5/shropshire/cd/home.page
- Library Services: https://shropshire.gov.uk/libraries/find-a-library/ Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01743 255380, Address: 1A Castle Gates, Shrewsbury, SY1 2AQ
- Mobile Library Stops: (Map) https://shropshire.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Minimalist/index.html?appid=68e0dc49161348ed9a6264cb05b14bdf
- Older People Concessionary Travel: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/concessionary-travel/older-people/
- Apply for a Blue Badge: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/parking/blue-badge-parking-scheme/apply-for-or-renew-a-blue-badge/
- Computer skills for all: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/shropshire-council/computer-skills-for-all/
- Home Library Services: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/libraries/join-the-library/home-library-service/
- Young people with disabilities can apply for a car licence at 16 if they get DLA Higher Rate ir enhanced or PIP: https://www.disabilitydrivinginstructors.com/driving-advice/first-time-drivers/1a-applying-for-your-first-provisional-driving-licence/
- Learning Disabilities Guide: a-guide-to-learning-disability-services:
- Shropshire Great Outdoors: http://www.shropshiresgreatoutdoors.co.uk/
- Assistive Technology to help people live more independently: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/disability-information/services-equipment-and-activities/
- Community Transport: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/public-transport/community-transport/
- Repairs Improvements or adaptations to your property: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/disability-information/home-adaptations/
- Vision Technology Training Shropshire: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/disability-information/sensory-impairment/vision-technology-and-training-shropshire/