David Latcham, Dementia Companion – Oswestry has asked that we share information about services, events and groups being run by or for Alzheimer’s Society locally:
- Memory Walk 2019 – British Ironworks – 15 September: Run by our volunteer Val Brown, this is a great fundraising opportunity for anyone who wants to make a difference for those with dementia. It’s celebrating the 30th year of Alzheimer’s Society and Val’s efforts so do get involved – Poster attached.
- CrISP carers information course – Shrewsbury – October 2019: This is an Information programme for carers of people with dementia, running on Tuesday afternoons for 4 weeks in Shrewsbury. Booking required – Contact -Alzheimer’s Society on 01952 250392.
- Art Therapy group – Shrewsbury (Redwoods) – From October 2019: Groups aimed specifically at people with dementia to use art to help them with their diagnosis. Runs weekly. Spaces available. Contact Tracie Macpherson at Alzheimer’s Society on 01952 250392.
- Dementia café – Cabin Lane Church, Oswestry – Last Tuesday morning of each month: Café for people with dementia and carers to meet, have fun, and connect with others with the same experiences. Activities change each month. No need to book, contact 01952 250392 for details
- Dementia Support: As ever, the support we give to people one to one – on phone or in person – is available to any carers or people with dementia throughout Shropshire and Telford. Referrals can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org please email or telephone for a referral form.