Event title: See & Hear Exhibition 2015
Venue: Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road, Shrewsbury SY1 4RQ
Name: Pauline Rose
Telephone: 01584 871420
Event description: Building on the success of previous years exhibitions plans are now advancing for 2015.
Always on the look out for new things to attract visitors old and new, consideration is being given to running workshops or training alongside the exhibition this year.
This is a great day out, we will be there (Shropshire Disability Network) it gives organisations like us great networking opportunities & we enjoy meeting many people as well as looking at the latest help available to those with vision or hearing impairment.
The day will feature:
- Sighted guide dog training for friends & family by Shrewsbury Guide Dogs.
- A Dementia Friends information session.
- A hearing aid maintenance clinic.
You will also have opportunity to:
- Discover how to use an accessible cash point.
- Take part in sports taster sessions including a climbing wall & to try different types of bicycles.
- Visitors will get the chance to have the health of their eyes checked for FREE by the Shropshire Local Optical Committee.
Note! Sighted guides can be booked by contacting Pauline Rose on 01743 257745/6 or email email@example.com
The exhibition is being planned and organised by The See and Hear Shropshire Partnership which includes Shropshire Council, Shropshire Voluntary Association for the Blind, the Rural Community Council, Vision Technology and Training and the Guide Dogs Association. It is FREE to attend and there will be a free Shuttle Bus every half an hour from Shrewsbury Train Station to The Sports Village starting at 9.30 am
As plans progress, we will bring you more information.