Event title: SDN Collection at Morrisons Oswestry. Would you support us please?
Venue: Morrisons Supermarket, Station Road, Oswestry SY11 1RA
Name: Shropshire Disability Network
Telephone: 07780 852 229
Event description: Would you help SDN raise awareness of our work at Oswestry, while having a cash collection for our funds? Your Management Committee really appreciates any help you can give us and we thank the staff at Morrisons Oswestry for allowing this to happen.
Why do we need to raise money for SDN? Unfortunately like all charitable organisations we need finance to operate. We can only operate if we fund-raise as that is our main source of income!
Our shopping list is ongoing but below we give you an idea of why we need to have these collections.
- Insurance-we have to have insurance to operate, this month we will pay out around £350
- September we have our AGM and Members meeting, cost around £100
- Volunteer Expenses-we reImburse volunteers for out of pocket expenses ie car parking, it may not be much but it can mount up and we do not want volunteers to feel they cannot help due to costs.
- Website, we are continually trying to improve it with upgrades, having a beespoke website means we have costs as well as annual hosting fees.
- Stationery-we need paper, envelopes, postage stamps, leaflets printed, updating our information stands means we need laminating pouches, velcro etc badges, labels etc to operate.
- Equipment-we need banners, stands, USB pens, projector and the list goes on.
On the day we will have a selection of leaflets available and shoppers will have opportunity to talk to us.We need and want to engage with our membership, spread the word about SDN to others who may benefit from knowing about us. We need volunteers to help us throughout the day. so if you feel you can help us, please call 07780 852 229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to offer help for an hour or two.
We hope some of our members from Oswestry will feel they can help us on the day so as a rota needs to be produced in advance please contact us as soon as you can.
By giving us your time you are helping to finance our group as “time is money”. We always work in 2′s & 3′s so if you want to be with a friend to help please tell us as we appreciate that as well. Call 07780 852 229 or email email@example.com for more details.