Event title: Rising to the Challenge (Evening) Shrewsbury
Venue: The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Harlescott, Shrewsbury, SY1 4NG
Name: Shropshire Autism Team
Telephone: 01743 210962
Event description: This training workshop is FREE!
Rising to the Challenge is a series of six free workshops for family carers living in Shropshire who really want to understand their child’s autism.
Information about the course:
The aim is for Families attending this course to gain greater confidence in living with autism & feel better equipped to manage the difficulties they are experiencing. All participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences & take away ideas, strategies & resources as well as information about Autism West Midlands’ Information and Support services and other local sources of help.
22nd June Part 1 – Session 1 – Autism as a Spectrum includes:
- Exploring the world of autism.
- The individuality of children on the spectrum.
- How autism is diagnosed.
29th June Part 1 – Session 2 – Communication and Understanding your Child’s Behaviour includes:
- Communication difficulties in autism.
- Making sense of why children with autism behave as they do.
- Developing better communication with your child.
6th July Part 1 Session 3 – Helping your Child Develop Social Skills includes:
- How children develop social skills.
- Social skill difficulties in autism.
- Promoting social skills with your child.
14th September Part 2-Session 1-The Sensory World of Autism includes:
- Sensory processing.
- How children with autism use their senses.
- Improving sensory experiences for your child.
21st September Part 2-Session 2 Managing Meltdowns includes:
- The role of anxiety in a child with autism.
- Coping strategies for dealing with autism related anxiety and anger outbursts.
- Strategies to help your child regulate their emotions.
28th September Part 2 – Session 3 – Looking After Yourself includes:
- Reflecting on your child’s diagnosis.
- Managing your own stress and anxiety.
- Sources of help and support.
If you would like to attend but have transport difficulties please contact us to see if we can help
This course is funded by Shropshire Council and Shropshire CCG so places are only available for family carers living in the Shropshire Council area.
To book your place please call 01743 210962 or email email@example.com