Event title: Rising to the Challenge – 2019 Workshops – Shrewsbury
Venue: The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Harlescott, Shrewsbury, SY1 4NG
Name: Autism West Midlands
Telephone: 01743 250962
Event description: Rising to the Challenge 2019 Workshops in Shrewsbury for family carers living in Shropshire “Best parent training and support programme” Social Care Award 2017.
This is a series of six workshops during March, April and May for family carers who really want to understand their child’s autism.
The course consists of 6 sessions as detailed below.
Friday 29th March (9.30 am – 12.30 pm) – Autism as a Spectrum
- Exploring the world of autism
- The individuality of children on the spectrum
- How autism is diagnosed
Friday 5th April (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)- The Sensory World of Autism
- Sensory Processing
- How children with autism experience their senses
- Improving sensory experiences for you child
Friday 12th April (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Exploring Communication
- The developing communicator
- How your child with autism communicates
- Communication ideas for your child
Friday 3rd May (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Helping your Child Develop Social Skills
- How children develop social skills
- Social skill difficulties in autism
- Promoting social skills with your child
Friday 10th May (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Understanding and minimising difficult behaviors
- Anxious behaviors and autism
- Coping strategies for dealing with autism related anxiety and anger outbursts
- Strategies to help your child regulate their emotions
Friday 17th May (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Happiness and Well-being
- Practical strategies to promote self
- esteem and well-being for your child
- Reflection time
Booking Information: To book this event please visit the eShop:
Parents and carers must be resident in the Shropshire Council area.
Please provide your mobile number when booking so that we can send you a text reminder.
Cost: £10 individual or £15 per couple.
If the cost is a barrier to you attending, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 250962
This course is funded by Shropshire Council and Shropshire’s Clinical Commissioning Group so places are only available for family carers living in the Shropshire Council area.