Shropshire Disability Network
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
- information that you provide to us for registering with us (including your name, address, email, contact telephone number and, [where provided] your membership or involvement with disability organisations at a local, regional or national level.
- information that you provide to us for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- information you supply voluntarily about the type of disability you have or any specific interests that you have.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
- You can unsubscribe from being a member at anytime by emailing email@example.com
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to help inform our design to improve user experience.
We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We may in the future use advertisers/payment services providers who may also send you cookies.
For example, we may, in the future, publish Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on our website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our organisation
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used or provided in a way which enables third parties to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- send you information which may be specific to your specified interests or disability (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require this).
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
You can unsubscribe from being a member at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Data controller
The data controller responsible for our website is Shropshire Disability Network
Our data protection registration number is (application submitted 11/5/2010)
- Review of Policy
All SDN policies are reviewed annually.
|Next Review Date||April 2020|
|Review Author||Ann Shaw, Honorary Secretary, SDN|