Event title: Pan Disability Forum Meeting
Venue: The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Shrewsbury SY1 4QR
Name: Jean Robinson (Chairperson)
Telephone: Pauline VCS Assembly Support Officer 01743 252275
Event description: Shropshire Disability Forum was established late 2008 to promote the working relationships between the voluntary and community sector and any statutory partners they may engage with in Shropshire.
- Promote the working relationship between the voluntary and community sector and any statutory partners they may engage with across Shropshire.
- Provide a channel of communication to inform and help to improve decision making by organisations involved in providing services specific to the interests of all those with disabilities.
- Help improve networking and sharing information amongst the members of the forum, leading to the potential for more co-operative working and improved outcomes for those with disabilities.
Since its formation the forum has been involved in:
• Championing ‘Changing Places’ initiative in making Shropshire more accessible to people with profound impairments.
• Supporting the ‘Big Care’ debate giving feedback to government on the green paper ‘Shaping the future of Care together’ an event that proved to be one of the most successful in the UK.
• Setting up a steering group to establish a user led organisation and Centre for Independent Living in Shropshire.
This is our first meeting of 2014. Please if you are a member of the Pan Disability Forum to try to attend this meeting as we have much to work towards in 2014 and beyond. We have good speakers and these meetings give you opportunity to network with other organisations who belong to this forum.