Event title: Pan Disability Forum Meeting
Venue: The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Shrewsbury SY1 4QR
Name: Jean Robinson (Chairperson)
Telephone: Pauline VCS Assembly Support Officer 01743 252275
Event description: Come and hear the latest news, network with representatives from organisations which support people with all types of disabilities including learning , physical, mental and sensory across Shropshire.
Do invite others to come too, if they are interested in improving standards , eliminating discrimination and facilitating inclusion , participation and independence for people with all types of disabilities and acquired injuries.
Stephen Chandler , Director of Adult Services , Shropshire Council was going to be our Guest Speaker to update us on “Personalisation and Social Work – the way forward in Shropshire” Stephen is now unable to join us so Andy Begley, Head of Social Care Operations , Shropshire Council will join us instead.
It would be helpful if you can send your questions through in advance and also let me know if you will be attending so that we can ensure plentiful supply of tea & coffee!
About Us: Shropshire Disability Forum was established late 2008 to promote the working relationships between the voluntary and community sector and any statutory partners they may engage with in Shropshire.
- Promote the working relationship between the voluntary and community sector and any statutory partners they may engage with across Shropshire.
- Provide a channel of communication to inform and help to improve decision making by organisations involved in providing services specific to the interests of all those with disabilities.
- Help improve networking and sharing information amongst the members of the forum, leading to the potential for more co-operative working and improved outcomes for those with disabilities.
Since its formation the forum has been involved in:
- Championing ‘Changing Places’ initiative in making Shropshire more accessible to people with profound impairments.
- Supporting the ‘Big Care’ debate giving feedback to government on the green paper ‘Shaping the future of Care together’ an event that proved to be one of the most successful in the UK.
- Setting up a steering group to establish a user led organisation and Centre for Independent Living in Shropshire.