Oswestry Council was formed by the Local Government Act 1972. It consists of 18 Councillors representing seven town wards of Cambrian, Maserfield, Gatacre, Cabin Lane, Carreg Llwyd, Castle and Victoria. At the head of the Council is the Town Mayor elected annually. The historic title dates back to 1673. The Council is a larger local Council representing the interests of some 14,000 in habitants. The Council increased to a representation of 18 Councillors in May 2003.
Information on services available through the Town Council, event listings and latest news are all available on the website.