Event title: Opportunities to visit the See & Hear Van-May 2017
Venue: See Content for venues
Name: Sight Loss Shropshire-Clare Humphries
Telephone: 01743 250808
Event description: Your opportunities to visit the See & Hear Van this month are:
- Thursday 4th May– The See & Hear Van will be at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Sight Information Centre 10 am to 2 pm. Cancelled due to See & Hear Van being off the road.
- Wednesday 10th May –See and Hear Exhibition at Sundorne Sports
- Wednesday 17th May – The See & Hear Van will be at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Sight Information Centre 10 am to 2 pm.
- Thursday 18th May – The See & Hear Van will be at the main car park in Wem from 10 am to 1 pm. This is a joint visit with the Audiology department of Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
- Tuesday 23rd May – The See & Hear Van will be at the Princess Royal Hospital Ophthalmology Department from 10 am- 2 pm.
The See & Hear Van has on board an array of information about services and specialist equipment, for anyone with a VISUAL and/or HEARING impairment. Advice and follow-up information and contacts are available from the staff who are all trained to help you. They have installed up-to-date IT equipment on which visitors to the van can view demonstration DVDs and national charity catalogues of the most recent innovations in the sensory impairment field.
This service is funded by SVAB, and is managed in partnership with other agencies. The volunteers who staff the van are specially trained for this work. Volunteers provide advice and information about support and services for people with visual or hearing impairments.
All welcome – no appointment required