Activity Alliance has a clear ambition, they state “It is not right or fair that disabled people are the least active in our society”
They are pleased to present their 2021-2024 strategy – Achieving Fairness. Having consulted with their members and partners to inform our strategy’s development and future direction.
One in five people in the UK considers themselves a disabled person – 14.1 million people. This represents a large proportion of our population. Sport and activity play an important role in our nation’s health so must be a level playing field for everybody. Therefore, Activity Alliance have refreshed their vision to be:
Fairness for disabled people in sport and activity
Disabled people participate less than non-disabled people and they are also twice as likely to be inactive. We call this the fairness gap, and we aim to close this gap within a generation by focussing on these two key goals:
- Embedding inclusive practice into organisations
- Changing attitudes towards disabled people in sport and activity
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted our country and hit disabled people the hardest in many ways. Our Strategy acknowledges this situation and recognises the work in hand to overcome the extra challenges brought by the pandemic. We want disabled people to be at the heart of our nation’s recovery.
Our three-year strategy is ambitious. To achieve fairness we will work with multiple stakeholders who will unite with us to make our vision a reality. This includes an important mix of organisations and individuals across various sectors. We will also work closely with our members to prioritise disabled people’s inclusion in sport and activity.
Everything we do will focus on these four strategic objectives:
- Champion disabled people’s voices and maximise Activity Alliance’s visibility
- Use high-quality expertise and insight to educate and inform decision making and influence policy
- Address inequalities through collaboration, improving engagement and delivery with and for disabled people
- Maximise the use of investment and that of our partners to enable disabled people’s activity
Over the next three years and beyond, Activity Alliance will continue to push for inclusion to be at the heart of all plans in sport and activity.
We will not settle until every disabled person can reap the same physical health, mental health, and social benefits as non-disabled people.
Download Achieving Fairness – 2021-2024 Strategy at the links below:
- Click here for BSL Video about the new strategy: https://youtu.be/5dD5ITlCQNs
- Click here to download the strategy as a word document in easy read: Achieving_Fairness_Activity_Alliance_Strategy_2021-2024_easy_read_web_accessible_PDF_original
- Click here to download the new strategy as a PDF document: Achieving_Fairness_-_Activity_Alliance_Strategy_2021-2024_accessible_PDF_original
For further information please go to Activity Alliance website: http://www.activityalliance.org.uk/