Contact Form can be found here: https://www.narcolepsy.org.uk/helpline
Narcolepsy is a malfunction of the sleep/wake regulating system in the brain resulting in excessive daytime sleepiness. Narcolepsy UK is a registered charity for people with narcolepsy, their relatives and others interested in improving their lot. Narcolepsy is a rare neurological condition that affects the brain’s ability to regulate the normal sleep-wake cycle. This can lead to symptoms such as disturbed night-time sleep, excessive daytime sleepiness and cataplexy. Consequently, narcolepsy is often thought of as a sleep disorder, but its underlying cause means that it is better classified as a disorder of the central nervous system.
Its aims are:
- To promote awareness of narcolepsy and provide authoritative information about it to narcoleptics, to the medical profession and to the public.
- To support the establishment of local self-help groups in which narcoleptics can exchange experience and provide mutual support.
- To press for the recognition of narcolepsy as a disability by the social services.
- To encourage research into the causes and treatment of narcolepsy.
- To co-operate with narcolepsy associations overseas to further these aims.
Follow us on Face Book @narcolepsyuk and Twitter @NarcolepsyUK