Telephone: 01743 368647 Please note that our answer phone and email are only checked during office hours (Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm) If you are experiencing a mental health crisis in Shropshire the crisis team can be contacted on 01743 210100
Mind Info Line: 0300 123 3393 or Text 86463 (Monday-Friday 9 am -6 pm except for Bank Holidays) If you need mental health information and our helplines are closed, please visit our https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/a-z-mental-health/ or contact NHS 111.
Contact Form: http://shropshiremind.org/contact/
Address: Shropshire Mind, Suites 3 & 4 Observer House, Holywell Street,Shrewsbury, SY2 6BL
Shropshire Mind provides a diverse range of quality services, across the County for the one in four people and their families acknowledged to be affected by mental or emotional distress.
Shropshire Mind helps to:
- bridge the gap between illness and full independence for service users. Some people need support in many areas of their lives, others in just a few, some for long periods of time, others for only a short while.
- respect for users, with justice and equality of access to services are part of our vision that everyone has the right to live equally with others and to enjoy a good quality of life.
- to enable service users to play the fullest possible part in the communities in which they live. We work in partnership with clients to ensure their right to make choices is preserved
- strive to reduce the debilitation, alienation, stigma and social isolation experienced by vulnerable people living in rural areas.
Shropshire Mind’s work includes group work based at our Shrewsbury hub ( Observer House, Shrewsbury is open 11-3 pm 7 days a week. The kettle is always on!) and there are at venues in Ludlow, Whitchurch, Bridgnorth and Market Drayton, with the aim of establishing additional groups across the county.
They have also have various service level agreements and partnerships with Shropshire County Council and the Primary Care Trust.
The ‘Useful Links’ page also provides links to organisations that may be of help under the headings:
- Alternative therapies
- Anxiety and phobias
- Black and minority ethnic groups
- Carers, Children and young people
- Community care, Crime
- Diagnosis issues
- Disability (general)
- Dual diagnosis
- Eating distress
- Information on resources
- Learning difficulties
- Legal information and guidance
- Manic depression
- Mental health (general information)
- Research and policy making
- Talking treatments
- Therapeutic communities
- Training and education
Find us on Face Book and Twitter @ShropshireMind
Registered Charity Number 1003117