Event title: Mental Health First Aid
Venue: Hadley Community Centre, 30 High Street, Hadley, Telford TF1 5NL
Name: Learn Telford
Telephone: 01952 382888
Event description: This nationally recognised Mental Health First Aid is a two day course and will provide practical skills and deeper understanding of mental health.
- Information Session: Tuesday 27th November 2018 at 9am – 11am
- Monday 3rd December and
- Tuesday 4th December 2018 at 9am to 5pm
The Information Session is on Tuesday 27th November 2018 at 9am – 11am to provide you with more detail about the course before you enroll.
Course dates: Monday 3rd December and Tuesday 4th December 2018 at 9am to 5pm
On this Mental Health First Aid two day course, you will learn to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health and provide help on a first aid basis.
At the end of the course, you will know more about how to:
- spot the triggers and signs of mental health
- have confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
- exercise non-judgmental listening skills
- help someone to recover by guiding them to appropriate support
- raise awareness and reduce stigma of mental health