16th January 2015
19th January 2015
10.00 am (check time)
4 pm (check time)
Event title: Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) 2 day Course
Venue: The Redwoods, Somerby Drive, Bicton, Shrewsbury SY3 8DS
Name: Wendy & Carys
Email: 07874 033 042 or 07881 958 619
Event description: This is a two day course that will help you promote well being in your community and workplace
What is mental health first aid England? (It is a 2 day course) MHFA will train you to help someone experiencing a mental health problem by providing first aid before professional help can be obtained.
The cost of mental ill health in the workforce:
Most people with mental health problems are in paid employment. Employers should expect to find at any one time nearly 1 in 6 of their workforce is affected by a mental health condition such as depression and anxiety.
1 in 4 individuals will experience a diagnosable mental health condition.
Mental ill health is the single largest source of disease burden, more than cancer & cardiovascular disease; costs extend well beyond health and social care.
Financial implications placed on business due to absenteeism and presenteeism.
Some advantages of a trained and educated workforce:
- Reduction in grievance and discrimination claims.
- Reduced sickness absence.
- Improved and positive staff morale.
- Caring reputation.
- Reduction in Occupational Health costs-Increased commitment from staff.
- Improved and increased productivity.
- Healthy working Environment.
- Compliance with the Equalities Act.
- Reduced staff turnover.
Specialist MHFA trainers are approved to deliver this MHFA course using materials supplied by Mental Health First Aid England. Merulae trainers work in the field of Mental Health and bring a wealth of knowledge & expertise to the training.
The aims of the course are:
- To preserve life where a person maybe a danger to themselves or others.
- Help to prevent a mental health problem developing into a more serious state.
- Awareness of mental health in community, reducing stigma and discrimination.
- Promote recovery of mental health.
- Provide comfort to a person experiencing mental health problems.
Having completed this 2 day training course you will be a Mental Health First Aider, you will also receive a Mental Health First Aid Manual and your certificate can be displayed in your place of work as appropriate.
Cost: £250 per delegate – minimum of 10 delegates. Maximum 25 delegates.
To book your course or to discuss other bespoke training and services Merulae provide please contact 01743 361702 or email email@example.com