1st June 2021
1st June 2021
Event title: Lip reading for beginners
Name: WEA-Adult Learning within Reach
Telephone: 0300 3033464
Event description: This course is aimed at people with hearing loss and their partners. It will help you to learn and practice basic lip reading. You will get the chance to meet others who are also coping with a hearing loss and learn from each other as well as from the experienced and friendly tutor. This course will be conducted online due to current situations.
Who is this for: This course is open to Telford and Shropshire NHS audiology patients only. It starts on Tuesday 4th May 2021 and ends on Tuesday 27th May 2021
Aim of the course: To empower a person with an acquired hearing loss so that they can become an active member of society again. To help themselves and their partner to understand the implications of their impairment.
Do I need any particular skills or experience?
- You will need your own personal email address so that you’re able to login to the WEA’s digital learning platform: WEA Canvas. You will need to be able to understand how to follow URL links to pages on the internet. If you want to understand more about Canvas please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline
- You will need to be able to follow links to join our WEA live video learning platform: WEA Zoom. If you’d like to understand more about our video learning platform, Zoom please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline and http://bit.ly/ZoomSpec
- This course is for beginners
By the end of the course I should be able to:
- Recognise at least 2 different speech movements
- List at least 2 ways to make others aware of my needs
- Be able to recognise numbers and the difference between them
- Learn about why we confuse different words and phrases
How will I be taught?
- The WEA’s digital learning platform, Canvas will be used to provide resources or to support lessons, enable assessment, provide learner feedback and for other activities for individuals away from the course. If you want to understand more about our digital learning platform please visit: http://bit.ly/WEAonline
- The WEA tutor will use a range of different teaching and learning methods and encourage you and the group to be actively involved in your learning
- You may be asked to undertake additional work in your own time to support your learning.
Length of sessions: Each session is 1 1/2 hours. Cost: Free
To enrol on the course click this link: https://enrolonline.wea.org.uk/Online/2020/CourseInfo.aspx?r=C3128450
Your tutor will be Sally Joyner.