Event title: Lets Talk about Mental Health: Free social contact training
Venue: Court Street Medical Practice Court Street Madeley TF7 5EE
Name: Telford Mind
Event description: Do you want to use your lived experience of mental health problems to challenge mental health stigma and discrimination? Then why not become a “Time To Change Champion” and be a part of the biggest mental health anti-stigma campaign in the world !
The aim of this workshop is to increase Champion’s skills, knowledge and confidence in opening up a conversation with the general public to challenge negative attitudes around mental health stigma and discrimination.
After completing this training participants should be able to:
- Explain what social contact is and how to start conversations with others
- Challenge stereotypes and stigma you may encounter
- Use different strategies to end conversations and to ask for help if necessary
- Access relevant resources
- Identify ways of keeping safe