11th May 2021
30th June 2021
Event title: Learning Disability Webinar – places available
Name: Shropshire Joint Training
Telephone: 01743 254731
Event description: The aims of this course are to:
- Understand the importance in promoting health & wellbeing for people with a learning disability including the prevalence, impact & management of a range of conditions
- Consider issues relating to healthcare and learning disability including prevalence and impact of certain health conditions
- Build an awareness of barriers to healthcare and health inequalities
- Understand the importance for people with a learning disability to maintain good physical and mental health
- Have an awareness of proactive health tools such as hospital passports, health action plans and reasonable adjustments
- Demonstrate an awareness of good practice, guidance and laws in relation to adult learning disability and health
This course target is : Individuals working with or supporting adults with a learning disability. *Open to Service Users and Family Carers.
- Band 1 – Shropshire adult care & health services – £15.00
- Band 2 – Shropshire non-adult care & health, T&W and out of county – £22.50
- No charge – MPFT (Shropshire, T&W workbases), Shropshire CCG, SC Adult Services, Housing and Public Health, Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust, Volunteers and Family Carers supporting adults in Shropshire.
Cost range information: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/joint-training/courses-and-accredited-qualifications/course-costs/
To book a place please click on the “Apply for a course” button given on the link below
This course will take place on-line using teams.
- This online training is ideally undertaken on a laptop or tablet device. We cannot guarantee all functionality if you access via a mobile device.
- One device per learner will be required in order to record attendance, facilitate course interaction & allow for social distancing