Website: N/A (per Charity Commission website June 2015) plans noted to wind this company up)
Telephone: Sharon Weston, 01299 403862 or 01299 400655
Address: Kidz First, Longbank Charity Garden Centre, Longbank, Bewdley, Worcestershire, DY12 2QW
Kidz First offers activities for children and young people of all abilities. It is a specialist provider of inclusive Play/Social care activitiesf or children and young people who have disabilities/special needs/chronic illness. Kidz First services are available all year round in Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire.
The service delivers 45,000 hours of respite care through schemes which currently include:
- Social scene – after school and Saturday Clubs
- High Life Holiday schemes – action packed out and about schemes every school holiday
- Teen Scene – specialised activities for young people age 13 year and over
- Specialised Independence Schemes . A social scheme based on developing independence skills.
- Residential Weekend holiday breaks for children/young people with disabilities.
- Not for profit Garden Centre in Bewdley, etc
- Free’dom Play/Social Centre – purpose built activity centre for all abilities.
Transport is provided where possible including School collections. All activities are intended to be an important part of the personal development of each child. Activities are inclusive and aim to be ‘intelligently’ supported, balancing risk and enjoyment. Active fund-raising enables highly subsidised fees for parents and carers and limited sponsor places. The average cost of activities is between £5.00 to £12.00 per child.