Event title: Inclusive Community Training
Venue: University Centre Shrewsbury, Guildhall, Frankwell Quay, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8HQ
Name: Inclusively Fit Project
Telephone: 07958 318 915
Event description: This half day course costing just £3 is for volunteers, carers, health practitioners to give them creative ideas on physical activities suitable for adults and children with disabilities.
If you support people with a disability, in the community & of any age, you could play a very important role in assisting those you help to become more active. In Shropshire we feel everyone has the right to be active but not everyone has the same opportunity. This may be because of access, needing a little help to partake etc
Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community Training has been developed to support people by introducing them to take part in physical activity & support so giving those you work with opportunity.As a support worker you do not need experience to join this training session.
The training is for those who:
- Support disabled people of all ages within the community, and
- Have an opportunity to put the training into practice.
- At the end of the work shop you will have learnt about practical tools to support inclusive delivery explored creative ideas to support disabled people to access physical activity and sport
- completed a workbook that will support their activity sessions going forward
- learnt about local disability sport opportunities for participants, leaders, volunteers and coaches.
To book your place call Jessica on 07958 318 915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org