Contact Form: https://www.theibsnetwork.org/contact/
Telephone: 0114 272 3253 (open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4.30 pm for general and membership enquiries)
Address: IBS Network, Unit 1.16 SOAR Works, 14 Knutton Road, Sheffield S5 9NU
The IBS Network is the national charity supporting people living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Its aim is to provide information and advice for people with IBS and those who care for them and to work alongside healthcare professionals to facilitate self-care.
The charity’s website has a lot of free information available to non-members, as well as operating a membership scheme.
As a member of The IBS Network, you will also have access to:
- their Helpline, staffed by nurses trained in the symptoms of IBS
- their ‘Ask the Experts’ facility, personal one to one contact through the website with their healthcare professionals (including gastroenterologists and dietitians)
- their Self Care Programme and Symptom Tracker which will help you to manage your condition. Similar to a diary, the Symptom Tracker allows you to keep a record of your symptoms which can help you to see if there is a pattern over time and can help you to understand your condition better
- recipes updated monthly, specifically designed to be suitable for the sensitive gut
- a magazine filled with new research, recipes and articles written by their medical professionals
- a ‘Can’t Wait’ card and travel version translated into 12 languages (£5 value)
- a range of detailed factsheets, such as ‘Medications’, ‘Stress and Trauma’, ‘Diarrhoea’ and ‘Constipation’
- a growing number of support groups (dependent on area)
Follow us on Face Book @TheIBSNetwork and Twitter @IBSnetwork
Registered charity in England and Wales. Charity No. 1173208