Event title: How to deliver a 24/7 Mental Health Support-Telford & Wrekin
Venue: Meeting Point House, Southwater Square, Telford TF3 4HS
Name: Frances Sutherland and Stephanie Wain
Event description: Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group and Telford and Wrekin Council want to develop a local mental health hub.
We want it to provide:-
- 24/7 drop in
- 24/7 telephone support (listening and signposting)
- Listening service- up to 3 sessions to include problem solving if required
- Crisis support- advice and signposting
- Crash pad- for those in crisis- somewhere to get away from their problem with a listening ear.
- Education and development courses to improve life chances – these to include management of mental health issues, meaningful activities (may be art, music etc)
- Support to develop employment skills and get into work
We want it to achieve:-
- Easy access to mental health support
- Support in a crisis
- A place to go that’s warm, welcoming and everyone feels comfortable there
- A place that helps to reduce the stigma associated with mental health
- Reduce the number of people detained under Section 136 to a Place of Safety
- Reduce the number of people needing to access mental health services
- Increase the number of people achieving qualifications and thereby increasing self-esteem and self-reliance
- The Hub to be financially self sufficient within 2 years
How do we want it to work?
- The service will be run by experts by experience and have a strong volunteer component. It is anticipated that the service will provide opportunities for volunteering, permitted work and employment.
- The service will need to develop income streams other than the pump priming monies that will be provided for the first two years. The CCG and LA will fund the first two years but the service will then need to be self-sustaining.
- Ideally the service will be run by the third sector with one lead partner across a partnership of small providers. The partnership needs to have a local focus and understand local needs. It needs to have a group of volunteers who can support this work from the commencement of the project.
This event is Free & for providers.
To book click here: