Event title: Good Neighbours-A Wise & Well Event
Venue: Central Baptist Church, Claremeont Street, Shrewsbury SY1 1QG
Name: Lisa Darkin-Wise & Well Team
Telephone: 01743 342162
Event description: We welcome Daniel Kawczynski MP to open this Wise & Well information event. This event is important as it is essential for anyone working or volunteering within our local communities, to prevent the isolation of others. This day isn’t specifically for Good Neighbours Schemes, it has been created to inform those who work or volunteer with individuals or within communities.
Talks are planned & we look to welcome:
- Sighted Guiding (Alli Richardson, Guide Dogs for the Blind),
- An overview of the symptoms of Parkinsons (Val MaKay, Parkinsons UK),
- Beat the Scammers! (Jane Bradshaw, CAB), and
- A review of research into the impact of Good Neighbour’ Schemes, undertaken by Keele University Medical students.
There will also be refreshments and a free lunch.
So what am I going to get from the day..apart from lunch?
Information, knowledge and experience from specialists that you can:
- share with colleagues, community leaders, carers and others.
- transfer into your working practice.
- it will help you deal with situations appropriately.
Booking is essential.
*For Voluntary Organisations, tickets cost £10 each for the first two delegates and then £6 for each additional delegate.
**For Public Sector or commercial organisations, tickets cost £20 each for the first two delegates and £12 each for additional delegates. All prices include VAT.