9th February 2022
9th March 2022
See content for details
See content for details
Event title: Future Oswestry Masterplan Consultation Exhibitions
Venue: See content for details
Name: Shropshire Council
Event description: These exhibitions may be of interest to SDN members who live in Oswestry and its surround areas as well as visitors to the town.
Click here to find out more about Future Oswestry Masterplan and Vision is the outcome of collaborative work between Shropshire Council, Oswestry Town Council and the Oswestry Business Improvement District (BID).
In 2020, a team of consultants led by Allies and Morrisons started the process to prepare the masterplan document. This included:
- a physical analysis of the town
- research and review of socio-economic indicators, existing policies and strategies
- a review of the property market
- engagement with local residents and interested people and organisations through an online survey link, workshops, Library exhibition and market stalls.
- refining the initial masterplan proposals in light of comments received through the engagement process.
This work and the comments received has shaped and modified the vision and objectives within the masterplan document being consulted on. Please visit the Future Oswestry Masterplan consultation for more details.
To read more about what the Oswestry Masterplan includes click this link: https://shropshire.gov.uk/get-involved/future-oswestry-masterplan-consultation/
To get involved click here: https://shropshire.gov.uk/get-involved/future-oswestry-masterplan-consultation/
Copies of the display information and the survey form will be available at the drop-in exhibitions to read or take away. This information can also be collected from Oswestry Town Library or Oswestry Guildhall reception from Wednesday 9 February 2022. You can also return your completed survey to the Oswestry Town Library or Oswestry Guildhall reception by 5pm on Thursday 24 March 2022.
Come along to drop-in exhibitions taking place in key locations in Oswestry to meet and share your views with the team on:
- Wednesday 9 February from 10am to 2pm at the old Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop, 12 The Cross Oswestry
- Wednesday 16 February from 9:30 – 2pm at the old Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop, 12 The Cross, Oswestry
- Tuesday 22 February from 10 – 4pm at the Memorial Hall, Festival Square
- Wednesday 23 February from 12 – 4pm at Oswestry Library
- Wednesday 9 March from 2 – 5pm at the old Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop, 12 The Cross, Oswestry
Further dates are being added for meeting with key stakeholders and drop-in exhibitions – these will be promoted via the Future Oswestry webpage, local press, and social media.
Alternatively, send any comments to email@example.com or post to Future Oswestry Consultation, Shropshire Council, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND.