Event title: FA Coaching Disabled Footballers Course
Venue: Telford College of Arts and Technology Haybridge road Wellington Telford Shropshire TF1 2NP
Name: Zoe Griffiths
Event description: The Coaching Disabled Footballers course is designed to give football coaches, teachers and young leader’s ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions within mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
The course is a one day course and covers both theory and practical elements. By the end of the workshop each participant should be able to meet the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience, to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers;
- Use appropriate terminology;
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations;
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers;
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities;
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
Aimed at coaches who currently work in the community who want to work with footballers with a disability, All coaches require minimum of a Level 1 coaching qualification is required along with a valid FA Safeguarding Children” certificate.
Qualified teachers working with Special Education needs are also encouraged to attend For Football Future students this course will be FREE of charge , otherwise it is £10 per candidate.
Please ensure you book secure your space you must complete this form and no later than Thursday 8th May 2014, First come first serve!! Please contact Zoe Griffiths, Football Development Administrator,Shropshire Football Association, Greenhous Meadow, Oteley Road, Shrewsbury. SY2 6ST to book.