Telephone: 01235 772850
Telephone: 01235 772852
Address: SUDEP Action, 12 A, Mill Street, Wantage, Oxfordshire OX12 9AQ
Epilepsy Bereaved is committed to preventing Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy and other epilepsy deaths through research, awareness and influencing change.
How we can help you:
- EB provides a contact line enabling people who have been bereaved by epilepsy related deaths to get initial support and information. Currently there are over 1,000 calls per annum.
- Core to the work of the charity is providing information and support to bereaved families, friends and carers who have lost a loved one through epilepsy.
- EB provides support to people individually and the opportunity to meet each other in regional peer support groups. Last year EB hosted two national and six regional meetings. In addition, EB provides opportunities for bereaved families and others to become involved in our work. Last year, EB enabled over 300 people to take part in campaigning for improved epilepsy services along with fundraising activities.
- EB lobbies clinicians, heath managers and policy makers with the aim of raising awareness and ultimately reducing the risk of epilepsy related death. For example, last year EB influenced over 230 + health care professionals, clinicians & policy makers.
- EB carries out and supports research into the causes of SUDEP and other epilepsy deaths. We are currently working in partnership with Kings College Hospital London with the aim of finding ways to prevent SUDEP and other epilepsy deaths.
Find us on Face Book @SUDEPAction.org and Twitter @SudepAction