26th April 2021
Event title: End of Life Care Review
Name: Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Sustainability and Transformation Partnership
Event description: Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Sustainability and Transformation Partnership are currently carrying out a review of our end of life care in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
- Phase 1 of the review has involved working with different stakeholders and reviewing existing evidence and patient experiences to identify four priority areas.
- Phase 2 of the review is to explore the priority areas in detail and we are looking for people to help support this work.
The purpose of this next phase is to answer four questions which have been identified as priority areas following the feedback we have received:
1. How do we ensure that everyone knows how to access the information and support that enables individuals to have their symptoms managed at end of life and how can we ensure we are monitoring this is happening and provide support where it is not?
2. How do we support staff to better recognise end of life and engage in conversations about this with individuals?
3. How do we ensure non-palliative care health and social care staff can access the level of information and support they need to deliver an improved experience of care for individuals at end of life?
4. How do we improve our approach to ensuring we are able to proactively identify anticipatory care needs?
To support this work, three workshops are taking place with a mix of frontline staff and stakeholders with an interest or experience of end of life care.
You are invited to attend one of three online workshops arranged for the last week in April.
Date Time Please indicate which workshop you would like to attend and include the email address you would prefer us to send joining instructions to
- Monday 26th April 2 – 4pm
- Wednesday 28th April 2 – 4pm
- Thursday 29th April 2 – 4pm
The aims for these workshops are to:
- Have a collective understanding of the context of the four priority areas
- Identify the key areas for improvement
- Agree next steps and the task and finish groups to support the work going forward
If you would like to attend a workshop please indicate your preferred date from the dates above and contact email@example.com. Places are limited so please contact Lynn as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
If you are not able to attend a workshop but would like to be involved in the work going forward please let Lynn know. We would like to involve as many frontline professionals and members of the public as possible.