Event title: Effective Hearing Programme -One Day Courses
Venue: See Content for venues
Name: Rachel Whitney
Telephone: 01743 342168
Event description: Do you have a hearing loss and…
- want to make better use of your hearing aids?
- want better access to services and equipment?
Effective Hearing Programmes (EHP’s) are one day workshops to help you adjust to having a hearing impairment. Whether or not you wear a hearing aid, you are welcome to attend and we encourage people to bring a family member or friend as the course will also be relevant to them. Some people find wearing a hearing aid very frustrating, and it can take them some time to feel comfortable and confident. Effective Hearing Programmes gives you a chance to share experiences, challenges and successes with others in similar situations. All our EHP tutors have personal experience of hearing loss.
The Course covers:
- How the Ear works.
- Tinnitus & Coping strategies.
- How to cope in different day to day situations.
- Services available to people with hearing loss in Shropshire.
- Information about the equipment available to help you with your hearing loss.
- Access to work and the Equality Act 2010.
- A brief insight into lip-reading and courses available locally.
The programme will run from 9.30 am to 1 pm on 7th March & 21st March but all other dates will be 10 am to 4 pm. Complimentary drinks are provided.
For information, advice and support in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, come to our
FREE one-day course. Booking is essential as places are limited
We are running courses on the following dates at these venues
7th March – Telford Centre (Note time will be 9.30 am to 1 pm)
21st March – Signal, The Hub, 20-22 Riverside Mall, Riverside Shrewsbury SY1 1LP (Note time will be 9.30 am to 1 pm)
25th March – Telford
27th April – Market Drayton
12th May – Bridgnorth
10th June –Oswestry
7th July – Church Stretton
For details on all the above please call Rachel on 01743 342168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org