Event title: Drug and Alcohol Workshop – Working with and Safeguarding Young People
Venue: Oak Tree Centre, Lightmoor Way, Lightmoor Village, Telford TF4 3EG
Name: Ace Drug Training
Event description: Ace Drug Training are running the Drug and Alcohol- Working with and Safeguarding Young People workshop on 18th October 2019 at Oak Tree Centre, Telford.
This training is designed for teachers, social workers, youth workers, designated safeguarding leads, foster carers, housing officers and anybody working directly or indirectly with young people.
- This training looks at what drugs are, the effects and the law
- Ensures staff are confidently able to spot signs and symptoms of drug use and know how to deal with young people who are under the influence appropriately and within safeguarding procedures.
- An overview of paraphernalia
- Effective handling of incidents and disclosures
- How staff are to safeguard themselves
- ACE Drug Training on hand after the session for advice and guidance
Tickets cost £27.54 and can be booked through Eventbright at this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/drug-and-alcohol-workshop-working-with-and-safeguarding-young-people-tickets-69868892739